What Happens During a Professional A/C Tune-Up?
Routine maintenance can keep your air conditioner running efficiently and extend its useful life by several years. As a homeowner, the two most important things you can do related to A/C upkeep are to change your air filter regularly and to sign an ongoing maintenance contract with a qualified HVAC professional. The minimal cost involved in an annual professional A/C tune-up will pay for itself in lower energy bills, reduced repair costs and delayed investments in new equipment.
Changing Air Filters
You should change your filter regularly in order to keep dust buildup from restricting airflow through your system. Here in the Conroe area, that could be as often as once per month depending on factors such as how many pets you have and whether you live on a dusty road. Make a habit of cleaning your outdoor unit every time you change your filter. Grass clippings, leaves and other debris can reduce your system’s energy efficiency and reduce equipment life.
Professional A/C Tune-Up
Your HVAC contractor will take care of basic maintenance of your air conditioner at the beginning of each cooling system. A professional A/C tune-up will include the following:
- Check the thermostat and other system controls. Your technician will make sure your A/C system components turn off and on at appropriate points in the cooling cycle and that your thermostat is operating correctly and maintains your system at the set temperature.
- Inspect and repair electrical components. Your technician will check the voltage and current in your system and will tighten any loose electrical connections.
- Inspect and lubricate moving parts. Your system’s motors, fans and compressor will be checked for worn parts and will be lubricated to reduce friction.
- Inspect the condensate drain. If the condensate drain is blocked, backed-up water can cause corrosion and damage your equipment.
- Clean indoor and outdoor coils. Your technician will clean your evaporator and condenser coils. Clean coils transfer heat more effectively, allowing your system to run with greater efficiency.
- Adjust refrigerant levels. Correct refrigerant levels contribute to efficient system operation.
Call us at Conroe Air to set up your A/C maintenance before summer rolls around again!